Here is my basic outline:
Christ is our great high priest who is presently interceding in our behalf before the Father in heaven.
1. The Office of Christ's Intercession (vv. 23-24).
-Christ intercedes as our great high priest.
-Contrast between Levitical priests and Christ:
-They were many in number and held office temporarily on
account of death.
-He hold his priesthood permanently because he lives
-According to Leviticus 16, there are two phases to his priestly
1. Atonement outside the sanctuary.
2. Intercession inside the sanctuary.
2. The Nature of Christ's Intercession (v. 25).
-Effective Prayers (Romans 8:33-34).
-Representative Presence (Heb. 9:24).
-Continual Advocacy (1 John 2:1-2).
3. The Basis of Christ's Intercession (vv. 26-28).
-His Sinless Person (v. 26).
-His Sacrificial Death (vv. 27-28).